1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions or going to my favorite movies list on my profile!
(list below! try it! reblog, if you want, put in my ask, and i’ll update with new blog-notes! please? :D)
1. “then we better not listen to music, they may listen to your ears.”
2. “i’m hard to get, Steve. all you have to do is ask me.”
3. “i live in the weak and the wounded… doc.”
4. “something bit me on my sit-upon! one you’ll haffta suck out that poison! now don’t errbody jump up at once.”
5. “that’s a name i haven’t heard in a long time. a very long time.”
6. “value this time in your life kids, because this is the time in your life when you still have your choices, and it goes by so quickly. when you’re a teenager you think you can do anything, and you do. your twenties are a blur. your thirties, you raise your family, you make a little money and you think to yourself, ‘what happened to my twenties?’ your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. the music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from high school becomes a grandmother. your fifties you have a minor surgery. you’ll call it a procedure, but it’s a surgery. your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn’t matter because you can’t hear it anyway. seventies, you and the wife retire to fort lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. and you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt and muttering ‘how come the kids don’t call?’ by your eighties, you’ve had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some jamaican nurse who your wife can’t stand but who you call mama. any questions?”
7. “i believe she was talking about taking them off, sir.”
8. “i feel sore. i mean physically, not like a guy who’s angry in a movie in the 1950s.”
9. “oh, i see, then it was murder. will you marry me? did he leave you any money? answer the second question first.”
10. “hey, don’t open that! it’s an alien planet! is there air? you don’t know! *takes in deep, deep breath and holds it*”
11. “for twenty-five dollars, i giva the boat!”
12. “the kid gets it all. just plant is in the damn garden, next to the stupid lion.”
13. “you stay, i go. no following.”
14. “in order to find his equal, an irishman is forced to talk to God!”
15. “we’re sorta like 7-11. we’re not always doing business, but we’re always open.”
16. “‘dang it, jim! i’m an astronomer, not a doctor! i mean, i am a doctor, but i’m not that kind of doctor. i have a doctorate, it’s not the same thing. you can’t help people with a doctorate. you just sit there and you’re useless!”
17. “will you marry me when we’re seventy? you’d have nothing left to lose.”
18. “who knows where thoughts come from? they just appear.”
19. “oh no no no no! dead broad off the table!”
20. “do me this favor. i won’t forget it. ask your friends in the neighborhood about me. they’ll tell you i know how to return a favor.”